Fatal Huntingtown Fire Caused by Smoking Accident


CALVERT COUNTY, Md. (January 21, 2010) - Investigators from the Office of the State Fire Marshal have determined the fire that took the life of seventy-nine year old Genevieve Therese Knight was the result of a smoking accident. Preliminary examination by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner indicates the cause of death to be smoke inhalation.

The fire occurred on January 12 at 300 Sun Park Lane in Huntingtown at 3:21 p.m. Mrs. Knight was home alone at the time of the fire and apparently smoking in bed when she fell asleep. Mrs. Knight’s husband Ralph came home to discover the house filled with smoke and went to a neighbors to call for help

Featured Sponsor

John R. Griffiths, III - Florida Sun Real Estate, Keller William
Leave the snow behind for the warm Florida sun!

Reader Comments

Featured Sponsor

Virtually Everything, Inc.
The company which proudly brings you So. Md. Online!

Need Legal Representation?

Five So. Maryland locations to serve you. Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, DUI Defense.

Follow SoMd HL News